Why some Children are not attentive in learning? Why do we often hear “Mom… can I do the home work later?” “ Dad… I just did my math, can I do English latter ?” “ Reading is boring. “ “ Can I read tomorrow?”
Why children dislike to do math or reading?
The answer is simple “they get bored with current learning style or frightened to learn new things. Because they feel that they are bad learners and so feel threatened.”
We need to change their learning style and help them to create positive image about learning.
1. Find out what is your child learning style.
2. Talk to them, let them know that “School work really can make them intelligent!”
3. Help them to learn using left and right brain together. (If you are doing jigsaw puzzle, it’s easier to look at the big picture on the box lid with your right brain while you’re tackling the details of the pieces with your left brain.)
4. Sit with them when they read or doing their homework. Spend time with them.
5. Create positive emotion when they learn. Teach them how to relax and calm themselves to become learning pro.
6. Create Schedule and learning space for your children. Set daily learning time for your children. Before bed. After school let them play for some time, then start learning.
7. Don’t push too much.
8. Repeat the same tasks multiple times. Read the same book many times. Repeat math facts several times. Repeating improves the confidence.
Facts to remember:
Learning stimulate brain cells. More stimulated brain cells means more intelligent you are.
You learn better and more easily when you use the left and right sides of your brain together.
Confident will make you learn faster. It is easy to convert negative thoughts into positive.