Whole Brain Teaching!!! by stimulating both sides of the brain, the child will learn better and faster

19 Jun

brain-left-right-300x264

The Conventional Method

The Conventional method typically used in Public Schools, and their mandated curriculum, is left brain teaching (workbooks, flash cards, lectures, sit down at a desk work). It it is effective with about 45% of the children. The other 55% are like round pegs forced into square wholes. This is particularly true with active children, hands on learners, children with ADHD and those with learning disabilities.

Whole Brain Teaching

With whole brain teaching one reaches all the learning styles so that about 90% o f the children are learning. With this method , children learn faster, retain more, stress is reduced (a major cause of learning disabilities), drop out rates decrease by 90%, brain health health is improved, and they love it. Whole brain teaching simply means involving as many senses in the learning process as possible (games, play, and real life experiences). It can be easily done in the classroom. However home schooling lends itself to this method very easily, because when you home school, the whole world is your classroom.
◾A trip to the grocery store becomes a lesson in weights, math, and reading.
◾My little brother was fascinated by monopoly which turned into a lesson in reading, math, and money counting.
◾Building a fort or dollhouse with your child becomes a lesson in geometry, architecture, measuring, reading….
◾Cooking together becomes a lesson in measuring and reading
◾Finland now has the best education in the world, and Play is a major part of their education. “A class of first graders scampered among nearby pine and birch trees, each holding a stack of the teacher’s homemade laminated “outdoor math” cards. “Find a stick as big as your foot,” one read. “Gather 50 rocks and acorns and lay them out in groups of ten,” read another. Working in teams, the 7- and 8-year-olds raced to see how quickly they could carry out their tasks. “

Source : http://educatorssite.com/?p=1109

http://sprinklestokindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/07/whole-brain-teaching.html

http://www.wholebrainteaching.com/

Advertisements

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Kind & Bold

A blog about humans and their thoughts, success, change, life, love, help, support, motivation, inspiration, guidance, control, morality, ethics & fun.

Read... Write... Talk...

Reading, Writing, Sharing is what its all about!

Thefrugalcrafter's Weblog

Groovy craft projects, crafty recipes and other artsy stuff.

Craft and Travel

Travel the world through art, craft, design & fashion.

Savvy n Sassy

For all your Ribbon needs!

Laundry On Sundaes

Every beginning is only a sequel, after all, and the book of events is always open halfway through.

niftythriftygoodwill

how to look spectacular at astonishing prices

You Look Tired!

One Mother's Journey

Educating Sausages

A little story of two home educated sausages

The Library Detective

I call myself the Library Detective because I can find the answers to any question you can think of, or at least I can point you in the right direction. The Library Detective column first appeared in a local Southern New England newspaper called The Woman's Page.

TOKIDOKI (NOMAD)

a world travel photo blog by Jackie Hadel

Ryan Boren

non-compliant neurodivergent

The Gravel Ghost

A Storyteller's View

%d bloggers like this: